Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Week 3- Stuggles

Traveling across the world is an absolute blast and its easy to forget the problems you left over the Atlantic but when bad new reaches you it can really put a damper on your day. My peers and I have all had our fair share of culture shock but many of us are currently suffering from the phase of losing control. A few of them are going through some hard times and my heart goes out to them. Being abroad is not only a culture experience but an eye opener as well.Coming to the realization that you have no control over what is happening back home is hard to cope with. Weather your having family issues, money issues, friendships or relationships being on the other side of the world intensifies the situation so much more.When living abroad its really hard to deal with the fact that you cannot do anything about the issues back home, getting in your car and rushing over to resolve the issue is not the reality. Many of my peers and I have been dealing with this exact feeling. Time and Distance are two factors that can change an entire relationship or friendship, and can make you question someone's place in your life. Its very important to have faith and confidence. You can't wonder or dwell on those who are not making an effort to support your experience abroad. And as for loved ones on the other side. Text messages, phone calls and constant reminders of missing us back home... really does make all the difference. The worst feeling someone can feel when being tousands of miles away is feeling that you have been forgotten... luckily I've come to the conclusion that whoever is going to be there or not when I get back is not in my control. I know who my true friends are and those who love me. Your efforts are not going unseen.  Tell your loved ones how you feel....

Just some food for thought! 
Besos :)







No comments:

Post a Comment