Friday, June 14, 2013

Morocco Day 1: Speechless

I've finally made it to morocco!! I am literally speechless of how amazing this country is. I do not regret my decision one bit! Crossing the Gibraltar into morocco was beautiful. Who could have imagined that with a 1 hour ferry ride I would be entering an entirely different world? As we arrived and departed ferry the culture shock immediately set in. Every man in a sight was staring us down like we were for sale and they were eager customers. It was slightly uncomfortable when even the law enforcement were staring at the group of American girls and undressing us with their eyes. One man even joked about buying a girl for 5 camels?! Don't know if that was a proper deal or not... Hahaha! But as we rode through the city I was literally in awe of how amazing the scene was that I was viewing. I just thought to myself, Melanie you are actually in African... oh my God! Words cannot describe how my heart melted. On the drive to the hotel there were mountains and camels on the beach, another postcard image. Living in a fantasy. i wish my loved ones were here to experience this magnificent country. We made it to our beautiful  4 star hotel that looks like a palace. Dinner was served! We had amazing Moroccan soup, cous cous, fruit and of course PITA! 


Sunset! 

Fountain at the hotel


As beautiful as morocco is the poverty broke my heart. I feel guilty laying on my pillow top bed and there are children outside of these walls in poverty without shoes. Definitely a reality check.Being in Europe in general has changed so many of my previous perceptions of life but morocco is changing my heart. 

More pictures and stories tomorrow!

Besos ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment