Monday, June 10, 2013

Alicante Time!

It was finally the day! I enjoyed my time in Madrid very much but the more and more I was living out of my suitcase the more homesick i felt. Luckily, my rock Jose gave me the pep talk I needed to get myself together and get comfortable because I was not coming home. We headed off early to the train station to catch our 9:00 am train to Alicante where we would be living for the summer. The train station is literally a race track and I quickly learned that the Spanish are not so well mannered. We were running to not miss the train and arrived just in time. By the way at the train station NO ONE helps you with your luggage.... I wish I had listened to the only being what you can carry advice. As I got comfortable in Coche 8 , I was finally able to relax because I had made it on time! On the train I was feeling anxious again... In 3 hours ill be arriving at my new home, meeting my roommates and classmates! 
As I looked out the window I got to see how beautiful the countryside of Spain is. There were mansions, antique homes, farms and mountains.... 



We have arrived! 

After 3 hours on the train, I was fully energized and ready to see my new home! Emily and I were soon to be separated because she was living with a host family and I will be with other students in an apartment. We were greeted by Emily's host family and they walked us to the center of town to meet the group. 


A group of 40 American students surrounded Plaza Lucieros and waited for directions. The students with host families were introduced and departed while the apartment groups waited for the landlords. My landlord's name was Amparo and she was so nice! I met my roommate Stephanie who was so cute and introduced herself! I parted from Emily which was sad but excited to see my apartment! We walked over to the apartment which was right downtown! I was in awe of how beautiful the apartment was! It was perfect!!!!! Stephanie and I chose our rooms. Stephanie wanted the perfect view and info course chose the room with the balcony and NYC decor! 



 





Our 3rd roommate Sadie arrived. I instantly began to miss my best friends/ Roomates ! I had not lived with anyone else besides these girls for over 4 years and now I'm living with two sorority sisters from California....to say the least I was nervous! But Sadie and Stephanie were so sweet and I really wanted to get the know them better! The three of us and our neighbors across the hall who were also in the program decided to explore a little. Alicante is literally the most beautiful place I have ever been! I am truly living in a postcard. The city is located right on the beach off of the Mediterranean Sea full of restaurants, sites and shops! 


The port 

I love my California girls 😘😘

 

No comments:

Post a Comment