Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Bittersweet Goodbyes!

So I'm sure many of you are wondering why I'm heading back to Madrid since I had already been..... Well I am heading to the Madrid airport to then depart to the US! I am so excited to be with my loved ones and take care of some unforeseen circumstances. Stephanie and Sadie decided to join me to see me off and stay for a couple of days. It was a 7 hour bus ride from Barcelona to Madrid and we arrived to the metro station. The girls were heading on line 5 and I was headed to the airport on line 8. Then it was time to separate. This was literally the hardest part of it all. The girls have been such a big part of my experience and I've spent countless hours with them it was slightly surreal going separate ways. You don't expect to get this close to strangers but I love these girls like I've known them my entire life. I've had ups and downs, family and friend issues and homesickness and these girls have been there for me through it all. I couldn't imagine this experience without them.

Stephanie :

From the moment you introduced yourself I knew we would get along. You have been such a great friend to me through this experience and I can't thank you enough. We have shared so much together and gotten so close I couldn't have made it through Alicante without you! Even introduced me to Nutella! Your creative and free spirit inspires me so much and I know we will be friends forever. You're truly a unique and beautiful soul..... 😘😘



Sadie:

Oooooo Sadie what can I possibly say about you. You have the biggest heart in the world and you're a sweetheart. Since day one when you walked in after your traumatic airport experience in tears laughing at yourself I've loved you since. You've showed me to find the good in all people and that as much as you may dislike someone to find what makes them sparkle ⭐.From hearing about your sad Sadie stories, vining, kevin, daily CNN updates and watching every parade possible out of your window these memories will stay with me always. As crazy as you are, you're an amazing, smart and beautiful person inside and out. I've never met anyone like you and probably never will. ILYYYYYYYY ❤❤❤❤😍😘



The train door closed and the three of us crying like babies is when it really hit me that i would be returning home. It was like a movie scene. You both have been so influential in my life. God brings people in to your life for a reason and I truly believe we were meant to meet. I never thought after 6 weeks I would get as close as I have with you two but I am blessed to have met you both. I love you girls with all my heart and i know we will meet again someday. 

Love my girls 

My experience abroad has truly been life changing. I have learned so much about myself , others and an entire new culture. As I board my plane all of my memories are flashing through my mind and I wouldn't have changed my experience one bit. I never expected traveling to change my life this way but it really has. I view life in a completely different perspective and have had the experience of a lifetime. I had some of the best professors I've ever had, amazing new friends, and seen some of the most beautiful places in the world. 

Lessons:
- Life is too short to worry about things that we have no control over
- People will come and they will go never put anyone on a pedestal
- don't sweat the small stuff 
- You create your own happiness
- You can never judge a book by its cover
- there's something beautiful about uncertainty
- we all come from different walks of life, one is not better than the other 
- everything happens for a reason
- take a leap of faith
- experience it all! Eat the food, speak the language, and try everything at least once
- worry only about today - morocco
- see the beauty in everyone - Sadie
- be creative, unique and don't care - Stephanie 
- Worry about yourself - Alejandra 
- just smile and live your life and everything else will fall into place

Returning home ✈

My life will never be the same again, I will never be the same again. EspaΓ±a you have made me a new person. You have not seen the last of me!

MuchΓ­simo gracias! 

Besos 😘😘😍😍

No comments:

Post a Comment